Waiting on God
I’m waiting, Lord.
Oh, how I’m learning to wait, to be still in your presence. But I’ve also finally recognized that you want me to keep moving and not simply sit still. I know You want my mind and heart to be still, just not my body. It’s taken me a while to understand that in moving, you will often open doors of opportunity that I would not have seen. Thank you, Lord, for teaching me the art of waiting, stillness, and moving as I serve you.
In Jesus name, amen.
When I’m waiting on God, I’ve found He opens more doors in my life when I’m out in the world serving Him where He can use other people in my life that may be “door-openers.” My pastor, Bob Kerrey, said the same thing to me recently when I asked him for advice: “Becky, just keep moving and God will lead you where He wants you.”1
Chuck Swindoll also mentions in his book Five Meaningful Minutes A Day2 that the Lord knows what He’s doing and that we need to remain faithful, flexible, and available. He says:
“At the precise moment He will reach for you and launch you to His place of appointment.”
I find great comfort in that statement, knowing the Lord of the Universe cares enough about my life to have a plan . . . A precise plan. Don’t allow the enemy of God to convince you otherwise, okay? I also find great comfort in God’s word and these are two verses that encourage me while I wait for His direction.
“I will not leave you or forsake you.” – Joshua 1:5b
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lordyour God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- Kerrey, B. 2016). Direct quote. Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix, AZ.
Swindoll, C. (2003). Five Meaningful Minutes A Day. J. Countryman. Thomas Nelson, Inc.
Prayer is life changing, so hang on for a wonder-filled, joyous experience as we talk with the Lord of our lives. We hope you will be blessed and encouraged. If you don’t see the link on your Facebook newsfeed, just bookmark JoyfulTimesToday.com so you may check in throughout the day for spiritual encouragement and positive, upbeat articles. You may also enjoy our Verse of the Day posts and other evening prayer posts found here.
A Note From Team Joy
- Please visit “Subscribe To Our Newsletter” to make sure you get all the latest and greatest updates on what’s happening in our Community.
- Please take the time to encourage our Writer’s by commenting on their articles. We work with independent writer’s who are working hard to write socially redeeming and joyful articles, so if they’ve written something you’ve enjoyed we’d sure appreciate you giving them a few words of praise in the comment section.
- Please check out our latest Articles; we really depend on our Community members to get the word out, so please like, comment and share the articles with your friends!
- And finally, we are an Ad supported ministry, so we rely on our Community members to show us support not by donating money…but just by donating your clicks to check out what our advertisers have to offer. We have worked hard to find advertisers that fit with our values and principles, so we know they’ll appreciate you taking a look!